POSITION: SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Headquarters, Beaverton, Oregon
Crow Engineering provides engineering design and consultancy services to its clients in the wood products, industrial, and mixed use facilities. The Structural Engineer is responsible for the design of industrial, Cold Storage, Commercial, and High-Density Residential structures for our clients.
Typical projects would include:
Design of new facilities, foundation and piling design and general arrangements for pre-engineered structures, repair and retrofit designs of damaged or aged facilities, seismic upgrades of facilities to meet code requirements.
The individual would be responsible for generating high-quality designs and working with a team of designers and drafters to ensure our client’s requirements are being met. The individual would interact with Crow Engineering Project Managers to obtain timelines, scope, and expectations surrounding work. From time to time this individual will interface with key equipment vendors and clients.
Crow Engineering has a highly tenured organization that has a wealth of experience in the wood products and heavy industrial industry, specifically with sawmill systems. We are looking for individuals who while respecting our experience, can help take it to new industries that would benefit from our services.
It is expected from each of Crow Engineering’s team members that they can provide significant value to our clients. This value comes through providing high quality, safe and innovative and reliable design work that our clients respect the value of. All team members must provide value in their space as an extension of the overall Crow Engineering team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create structural designs, execute calculations, and build specifications for structures utilized in the markets we serve.
- Work with local jurisdictions to ensure proper permitting support documentation details are available based on client demands.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure client’s needs are being met in a timely, cost effective, and high-quality manner.
- Provide their own project management administration for small to medium sized projects.
- Generate construction estimation for projects they are responsible for.
- Provide a work product that is above average based on industry expectations that demand a value with our clients.
- Can handle moderately complicated structural tasks with little to no direction.
- Proactively escalates needs/road blocks to other project team members, project managers, owners, and outside vendors.
- Executes design work within AutoCAD, Revit, and structural calculation tool sets.
- Communicates with key vendors and suppliers to ensure incorporated design parameters are being integrated into the project accordingly.
- Ensures revision control is in place and effective when working on client designs.
- Can help build standards, best-known methods, and training documentation for future new hires.
- Can effectively work through difficult situations.
- Strong English written/verbal skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- The ability to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Working knowledge and experience with different structure and construction types.
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and effectively communicate technical solutions to difficult issues
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization
- Strong Design/Drafting skills within design software systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to clearly document test results, configuration parameters, process and training materials
- A four-year engineering degree in Civil Engineering.
- Candidate must be an actively certified Professional Civil Engineer
- Candidate must have obtained their Structural Engineering certification or have >7 years of experience as a civil engineer specializing in structural designs.
- 3-5 Years work experience in a similar position.
- AutoCAD experience, or experience in similar systems to AutoCAD
- Experience with solid modeling systems is preferred.
- Client facing presentation skill is highly preferred.
- Experience with engineering change order and version control systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of process driven manufacturing facilities.
- Proven work experience with generating engineering/FEA calculations and appropriate safety margin analysis in prior positions.
- Experience with risk analysis and process validation methods
- Experience taking onsite measurements and building “as built” documentation prior to generating
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Physical demands are characteristic of a typical office environment.
- Ability to lift 25lbs on occasion
- Sit for long periods of time
- Reaching above head for items
- Ability to use a computer and telephone system
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work environment is characteristic of a typical office environment with average noise levels and lighting
- Maintain work regular schedule consistent with department norms
- Constant interruptions
If you have trouble with our form, please feel free to email us your resume at email@example.com. Please add the job title to the subject line of your email.